• Martial art style that emphasizes punches, strikes and kicks. There tends to be more emphasis on punches and strikes than Taekwondo.
• Developed in Japan.
• Often taught by Americans (in America).
• Karate is not an Olympic sport. Judo is currently the only Japanese martial art in the Olympics.
• Different terminology (. Uniform = Gi, School = Dojo, etc.)
• There are different styles/schools within Karate (such as WKF and WUKF).
• Not a “soft” martial arts style such as Tai Chi.
• Not a “grappling” martial arts style such as Judo.
• Will teach your child basic self-defense.